Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Baking

Today was a rather uneventful day. This morning the kids spent a few hours at a friends house while I tried to get a few things done. I managed to go to Meijers for a few things and put the groceries away before I had to go and pick them back up.

Avery spent most of his afternoon laying on his big blanket on his belly, trying to get all his toys. He must have been really working hard because he took a 3 hour nap in addition to his morning 2 hour nap. That doesn't usually happen. I usually manage to only get one good nap in a day. I will take it!

Sophie spent the afternoon making cookies and making pictures with some stickers she had forgotten about. She really wanted to make sugar cookies because she LOVES cutting out the shapes with her cookie cutters and putting frosting and all the fixins on them. But....I did not have enough butter so after a 20 minute crying spell of wanting sugar cookies and using her cookie cutters, we compromised on Monster cookies. Which I think won her over because they m&m's in them as well as chocolate chips. She put on an apron and started measuring. When I asked how everything was going as she was having trouble getting out the brown sugar, she said, "everything is just fine."
All in all, we should have waited and done sugar cookies. Those Paula Deen monster cookies didn't really turn out.

No comments:

The happenings of the Water family.